AI SpaceFactory’s TERA designs were originally meant for Mars, but they’ve realized that its benefits can also be applied to Earth as well.
- It’s built with 3D printing technology.
- It’s renewable and sustainable and uses compostable materials biopolymer basalt composite, which is derived from from crops like corn and sugar cane.
- It has a gorgeous and exquisite volumes. Models start from the Tera-Mini (350 sqft.) with 1.5 floors, Tera (500 sqft.) with 2 floors, Astra (800 sqft.) with 3 floors, and the largest model, the Evo which boosts of spaces greater than 1000 sqft.
- Its interior has an open floor plan and is natural, reminiscent of a treehouse, and built from poplar and birch.
- It’s endorsed by NASA, and it also has the potential to be used on Mars.
- It’s 50% stronger and more durable than concrete.
- It’s also more sustainable than the traditional steel and concrete.
- It could reduce the material and energy waste that’s typically associated with the building construction industry, and could potentially revolutionize the construction industry.
- It uses LED lighting and harnesses daylight to reduce lighting needs and air circulation.
- Best of all, once it’s demolished, its exterior hard shell can recycled and reused multiple times. After it can no longer be recycled, the exterior shell can be composted.
- AI Space Factory: Made for Space, Evolved for Earth. (2019). https://www.aispacefactory.com/tera. Retrieved on January 27, 2020.
- TERA Mars Habitat. (2019). Architect Magazine. https://www.architectmagazine.com/project-gallery/tera-mars-habitat_o. Retrieved on January 27, 2020.