Forbes released a list of Africa’s 50 Most Powerful Women on March 6, 2020. In honor of International Women’s Day today on March 8, 2020. I am highlighting the top 10 African women doing social development work on the African continent, in non-governmental capacity. I’m greatly aspired by these women!
1. Graca Machel, South Africa. Founder, Graca Machel Trust.
2. Clare Akamanzi, Rwanda. CEO, Rwanda Development Board.
3. Dr. Judy Dlamini, South Africa. Founder, Mbekani Group.
4. Obiageli “Oby” Ezekwesili, Nigeria. Senior Economic Advisor, Africa Economic Development Policy Initiative (AEDPI).
5. Wendy Luhabe, South Africa, South Africa. Social Entrepreneur & Co-Founder, WIPHOLD.
6. Winnie Byanyima, Uganda. Executive Director, UNAIDS.
7. Amina J.Mohammed, Nigeria. Deputy Secretary-General, United Nations.
8. Vera Songwe, Cameroon. Executive Secretary, United Nations Economic Commission for Africa.
9. Theresa Kachindamoto, Malawi. Chief of Dedza District.
10. Olajumoke Adenowo, Nigerian. Founder, AD Consulting & Architect.
They are making us proud. I hope to carry on the torch and pass it on one day!
1. Africa’s 50 Most Powerful Women. (2020, March 6). Forbes Africa. Retrieved on March 8, 2020, from https://www.forbesafrica.com/cover-story/2020/03/06/africas-50-most-powerful-women/.
2. Olujumoke Adenowo Architect. (2019, June 19). BBC Businss Africa. Retrieved on March 8, 2020, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiFlWTdKbWw.